5 Things: Free Flicks, Tax Help and More
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on Jan. 2 in Charlestown.
1. Cold and windy: Today will be increasingly cloudy, with wind gusts up to 26 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service. High: 31, Low: 12.
2. Grief support: Beacon Hospice is offering a free grief support group on Wednesdays in January for people in their 20s and 30s who are dealing with the death of a loved one. The group will meet from 6:30-8 p.m. at Beacon Hospice, 529 Main St., Suite 101. Registration is required; contact Diane Christopherson at email@example.com or 857-294-0052.
3. Watch a film: Drop by the North End Branch of the Boston Public Library, 25 Parmenter St., today at 5:40 p.m. for a free screening of the film “Seabiscuit.” If business is more your genre, check out the Kirstein Business Film Series at the BPL’s Central Library in Copley Square, 700 Boylston St. Upcoming films include: “Margin Call” (2011) on Jan. 2; “The Devil Wears Prada” (2006) on Jan. 9; “The Social Network” (2010) on Jan. 16; and “Thank You For Smoking” (2005) on Jan. 23. All films start at 6 p.m. in the Rabb Lecture Hall.
4. Bloggers wanted: Beacon Hill Patch is looking for residents to blog on a variety of topics. Whether you enjoy mountain climbing, knitting or watching movies or have opinions about local politics, national news or parenting techniques, we want to hear from you. Write about what interests you, as much or little as you want, as often as you like! Click here to get started.
5. ABCD Needs Volunteers: The Boston-based nonprofit ABCD is looking for volunteers to help low-income Boston residents get free tax preparation assistance. You can make a difference in someone's life by saving thousands of dollars in tax preparation fees.