5 Things: Lunchtime Aria, Pantsless Travel and More
Here's a few things happening in the neighborhood today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a partly sunny day with a high of 44 degrees.
2. Mid-day concert at Kings Chapel: Take some time during lunch today and visit Kings Chapel. Soprano Caroline Chirichella will perform Mozart, Verdi and more in a 30 minute performance starting at 12:15 p.m.. There's a suggested donation of $3.
3. 9k Fundraising Run: The Boston Run/Walk to Home Base 9k fundraising run is offering a lower fundraising minimum if you sign up by Jan. 15th. The run honors heroic veterans and raises funds for the Red Sox Foundation and Massachusetts General Hospital Home Base Program, which is used to fund clinical care and support for hundreds of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans and their families throughout New England who are affected by combat stress, deployment stress, and traumatic brain injury. See here for more information.
4. No Pants Subway Ride: The annual day each year when thousands of people will collectively ride the MBTA with no pants is approaching, so either mark your calendar for Jan. 13th to don your best undies and join in, or avoid the T altogether that day. See here for more information.
5. New bishop ordained: A new bishop in Boston was ordained in the South End recently, at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross. You can read more about the new bishop and see some photos from the ceremony here.