Five Things: Mongolian Restaurant Looks to Open on Beacon Hill
And more to know today, Aug. 5.
1. Beacon Hill Zoning: Tonight the Beacon Hill Civic Association's Zoning and Licensing Committee will hear from a restaurateur looking to open a new Mongolian restaurant where the Spotted Apron used to be. Also on the agenda is the renovation of 12 Louisburg Square. The meeting is at 74 Joy St. and begins at 7:30 p.m.
2. September 2012 New Visitor Welcome Tour: The New England Historic Genealogical Society would like to welcome you to Boston by offering a free lecture on how to search your genealogy from 10 to 11 a.m. Learn more at their website.
3. Reading Readiness: The Boston Public Library is offering a free course for children ages 3 to 5. Explore the concepts of teaching a child to read trhough numbers, music, shapes, color and sizes from 3 to 3:350 p.m.
4. Boston Ballet Open House: The Boston Ballet School is offering a free workshop hosted by new and returning faculty. At 5 p.m., a classical ballet program will be offered for placement purposes. This event starts at 4:30 and goes until 6 p.m.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts that tomorrow will be cloudy and raining with a chance of thunderstorms. The temperature will reach 77 The evening should be raining with a low of 67.
Things you can do every day on Beacon Hill Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.