Five Things: One Year Ago Today
And more to know today, Aug. 28.
1. One Year Ago: If you were in Boston, my guess is that you remember what you did on Aug. 28, 2011. Today marks one year since Hurricane Irene blew into town and most everybody took care to avoid being caught in it. See Beacon Hill Patch later today for a photo gallery of the damage done by last year's storm.
2. Yoga and Qigong: Start your day off on a peaceful note with free yoga and qigong on the Greenway from 8 to 8:45 a.m.
3. Author Talk: Theodore Grippo will be at the Boston Public Library discussing his book, With Malice Aforethought: The Execution of Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti from 6 to 7 p.m.
4. Last Week: This is the last last week of Healthy, Fit & Fun, the free fitness classes on the Esplanade. Join your neighbors tonight at 6 p.m. for a zumba at the Hatch Shell.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts showers and thunderstorms before 3 p.m. Temperatures will reach 81 degrees, dropping to 62 degrees in the evening.
Things you can do every day on Beacon Hill Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.