Five Things: Poetry Workshop with Boston Laureate
And more to know today, Oct. 1.
1. Poetry Workshop with Boston Poet Laureate Sam Cornish: Poet Laureate Sam Cornish is hosting a five-week poetry workshop open to all, free of charge. These workshops are held from 3 to 4 p.m. and 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. the BPL. Space is limited, call 617-859-2339 to register.
2. Flour Power: If, like me, you love Flour Bakery then you'll be happy to hear that one is opening closer to Beacon Hill. The fourth Flour will open on Clarendon, near Back Bay Station, possibly by the end of the year.
3. Roslindale Patch: That's right, Patch launched its ninth Boston site last week, in Roslindale. Check it out.
4. Skillshare: Effective Volunteer Engagement: Come down to the NonProfit Center from 6 to 8:30 p.m. for the Effective Volunteer Engagement to learn how to attract volunteers for charitable work. Costs $10-$20.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a sunny, windy day with a high of 71. The evening will cloud over with a low of 55.