Five Things: A Downtown Store Closes After 75 Years in Business
And more to know today, Feb. 25.
1. Windsor Button closing: After 75 years in business, sewing and knitting store Windsor Button Shop, at 35 Temple Place, has lost their lease and is closing. Discounts on all store merchandise will continue until stock is depleted. A Mexican restaurant is renovating the space and opening in the spring. Read the owners' letter to their customers here.
2. Skating benefit: The Young Friends of the Public Garden is hosting a skating night at the Frog Pond tonight from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Proceeds will support the Friends of the Public Garden. Tickets are $35 and include skate rentals. Click here to buy tickets online.
3. Let's review: Miss any stories on Beacon Hill Patch last week? See our top articles in our Week in Review.
4. Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk: Registration is open for the 25th annual Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk, set for Sunday, Sept. 8. The one-day fundraising event to fight all cancers offers four routes: the 26.2-mile route starting from Hopkinton; the 13.1-mile route from Babson College in Wellesley; the 5-mile route from Boston College; and the 3-mile route from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. All routes end at the Copley Square finish line in Boston. See here for more information.
5. Weather: The snow should taper off in the early morning, giving why to bright, sunny skies and a high of 39 degrees.