Five Things: A History of Boston Sports Parks at the West End Library
And more to know today, Oct. 9.
1. Boston Garden's History: Author Richard A. Johnson will give a talk at the West End Branch of the Boston Public Library Thursday at 6:30 p.m. about the history of Braves Field, Fenway Park, and Boston Garden. Johnson is the curator of the SportsMuseum at TD Garden. The talk is part of the Boston Public Library’s Building Boston initiative, a citywide celebration of Boston’s public spaces.
2. Join the Discussion: Mayor Thomas Menino said he wants Boston's pit bull muzzle rule resurrected. Do you agree? Join the discussion here.
3. WorldBoston Great Decisions Series: Exiting Iraq and Afghanistan: The Boston Public Library is hosting a free talk from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on how the U.S. exit strategies from Iraq and Afghanistan will affect the future of the Middle East.
4. Hamlet: “To be or not to be…” ArtsEmerson is hosting the classic Shakespeare tale of Hamlet from 7:30 to 10 p.m.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a cloudy day with a 50 percent chance of rain with highs in the upper 50s. The evening will be cloudy with a chance of rain as well. The temperature will drop to the upper 40s.