Five Things: Another Weekend Storm Headed Our Way
And more to know, Feb. 22.
1. More snow: It looks like we will be in for another storm this weekend, though thankfully it's not shaping up to be another Nemo. Snow totals are now estimated between 6 to 10 inches of snow, but Beacon Hill Patch will be bringing you the latest throughout Friday and Saturday.
2. Storytelling festival: The Boston Public Library will be hosting the second annual Boston Storytelling Festival on Saturday, Feb 23 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. All ages are invited to gather around the proverbial fire for a variety of storytelling experiences—including workshops, folk and fairy tales and a “Trickster” themed slam.
3. HONK: If you haven't caught HONK! yet, it's your last chance this weekend to catch the musical in the South End. Performed by the Boston Children's Theater, HONK! is based on the Hans Christian Andersen story The Ugly Duckling, telling the story of tolerance and love in a way. See it at 2 p.m. at the Boston Center for the Arts on Saturday or Sunday. See here for more information.
4. City alerts: With more snowfall possible this weekend, make sure your updated contact information is registered with Alert Boston, the city's emergency notification system. Sign up to get emergency alerts on your phone, by email or text message.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting today will be mostly sunny with a high near 33 degrees and wind gusts up to 26 mph.