Five Things: Boston Calling Music Festival Tickets Going Fast
And more to know today, March 8.
1. Boston Calling: Early bird tickets for May's Boston Calling Music Festival, featuring bands Fun and The Shins, at City Hall have already sold out. But don't worry, regular tickets go on sale today at 10 a.m. Get them at www.bostoncalling.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
2. Volunteer on the Esplanade: The Esplanade Association will be starting its 2013 season of Drop-in Saturdays tomorrow. Every Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m – holidays excepted – volunteers can just show up, no registration needed, and get their hands dirty! For more information, click here.
3. Irish cupcakes: Sweet will be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day again this year with the return of their specialty cupcakes. From March 15-17 Sweet will be offering the Irish Coffee (espresso-infused cappuccino cake topped with Bailey’s-infused whipped cream) and Guinness Cupcake with Bailey's Buttercream (chocolate cake infused with Guinness stout topped with vanilla bean buttercream, and laced with cocoa and Bailey’s Irish Cream). Order online, via email or by phone (617.247.2253). Sweet is located at 11 School St., 49 Massachusetts Ave., 225 Newbury St. and in Harvard Square.
4. You Ask, Patch Answers: Ever wonder why they named the square after that guy you never heard of? Or when that new restaurant is going to open? Let Patch find the answer for you. Send your questions to email@example.com and I'll see what I can find out for future "You Ask, Patch Answers" columns.
5. Weather: Expect temperatures to remain stable throughout the day, rising or falling only by a few degrees, with snow or rain lasting well into the late evening.