Five Things: Breast Cancer Fundraiser Tonight at Revere Hotel
And more to know today, Oct. 23.
1. Breast Cancer Fundraiser: Salon Eva Michelle is hosting a fundraiser for the National Breast Cancer Foundation tonight at the Revere Hotel from 6 to 9 p.m. The event will include a silent auction, live hair show, refreshments and more. For more information, visit salonevamichelle.eventbrite.com.
2. Cars and Climate Change: The New England Aquarium is hosting a free lecture on cars and climate change today from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
3. Author Talk With Howard Jacobson: What do you do if you fall in love with your mother-in-law? The Boston Public Library is hosting an author talk with Howard Jacobson tonight at 6 p.m.
4. Melanoma Foundation of New England’s Fourth Annual Shades of Hope Gala: The Melanoma Foundation of New England is hosting its fourth annual fundraiser tonight at the Mandarin Orange Hotel from 5:30 to 10 p.m. Tickets are $200.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a warm day with a high in the low 60s. The evening will cloud over and there will be a 40 percent chance of rain with a low in the upper 40s.