Five Things: Fill an MBTA Bus for Boston Charities
And more to know today, Dec. 11.
1. Fill a bus for charity: The MBTA and MassDOT is looking for help filling one of their buses with toys. Drop off new, unwrapped toys to the bus in South Station through Dec. 14, and the gifts will benefit Action for Boston Community Development, Freedom House, The Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (MSPCC) and Yawkey Boys & Girls Club of Boston.
2. Santa's coming to town: Bring your kids to meet the big jolly man himself, at The Shops at the Prudential Center from Nov. 23 to Dec. 24. A variety of photo packages will be available, starting at $19.99. See here for more details.
3. Pop-up Chocolate Store: Purefections Chocolates, a local company specializing in handmade Belgian chocolate confections is holding a pop-up store event every Saturday and Sunday at 526 Tremont St. through Christmas. The shop will be open Saturdays from 12 to 5 and Sundays 11-4 through the holidays. See here for more details .
4. Battle history: Now through Dec. 29, visit the USS Constitution Museum in the Charlestown Navy Yard and explore a special exhibition of artifacts and images from the Constitution's battle with HMS Java on Dec. 29, 1812. Experience the battle and its bloody aftermath with the video, "Honors of War," playing in the Figgie Theater. The museum is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly cloudy day with a high near 47 degrees. There's a 20 percent chance of rain.
Things you can do every day on Beacon Hill Patch: