Five Things: Earl of Sandwich Opens on the Common
And more to know today, Nov. 9.
UPDATE: The Earl of Sandwich has changed its opening day to Monday.
1. Boston Common Sandwich Shop: The Earl of Sandwich, a, well, sandwich shop in the former men's comfort station on the Boston Common, opens Monday after months of renovation work. If you try a sandwich, tell us what you think!
2. Belmont World Film’s 10th Annual Family Film Festival: Belmont World Film is celebrating the 10th anniversary of their international film fest at Museum of Fine Arts Boston. Cost of admission is $5 to $11.
3. In Death Lamented: The Tradition of Anglo-American Mourning Jewlery: Mourning jewels are an expression of love and loss. This tradition is the focus of the Massachusetts Historical Society from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. This event is free to the public.
4. J.S. Bach, Frank Martin and Jan Dismas Zelenka: The Cantatas Singers are hosting a night of music at the NEC Jordan Hall at 8 p.m. Price of admission ranges from $17 to $52, with a student discount of $10.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a warm, sunny day with a high near 51 degrees. The evening will cloud over and the temperature will drop to 38 degrees.