Five Things: Final Phase of Brewer Fountain Restoration to Begin in Fall
And more to know today, March 11.
1. Brewer Fountain project: This fall the Friends of the Public Garden will will begin the final phase of the Brewer Fountain Plaza renovation. The $1.2 million project will include "restoring the historic fence along Tremont Street and distinguishing the Common as parkland once again," according to the Friends' website.
2. Icelandic authors: Discover Icelandic history through the literary art exhibit, “Fabulous Iceland: From Sagas to Novels – Portraits of Contemporary Icelandic Artists,” individual short stories and coupled with portraits taken by Kristinn Ingvarsson, in the lobby of the Revere Hotel, 200 Stuart St., through March 31.
3. Boston's Finest: The city is accepting applications for new police officers. First, sign up to take the upcoming civil service exam on April 20. More info here.
4. Vendor applications: Interested in becoming a vendor at the City Hall or Dewey Square Farmers Market? Download an application here: 2013 BPMA Market Application.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly sunny day with a high of 52 degrees.