Five Things: Flu Shots Offered on Beacon Hill
And more to know today, Nov. 5.
1. Flu Shots on Beacon Hill: Flu shots are now available to members of theBeacon Hill Village and the Beacon Hill Civic Association. Both groups have partnered with CVS Pharmacy to hold a Flu Clinic at 74 Joy St. Wednesday from 2 to 4 p.m.
Members over 65 must bring a Medicare Part B card to receive a free flu shot; those not covered by Medicare will need to pay $29.99 and will receive a receipt the following business day to submit to their insurance company for reimbursement. Members are encouraged to contact the BHV office (617-723-9713) to schedule an appointment.
2. Arts After School at the Children’s Art Centre: Bring your young one down to Children’s Art Centre from 2:30 to 6 p.m.. The five week program costs $630.
3. Remembering World War II: The Boston Pubic Library is hosting a free film screening about Tuskegee Airmen at 6 p.m. at the Rabb Lecture Hall.
4. Boston Minuteman Council Hosts Salute to Scouting Gala: The Boy Scouts of America Boston Minuteman Council will host its 36th Annual “Salute to Scouting” gala at Boston’s Seaport Hotel all day long.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a cloudy partly day with a high in the mid 40s. The evening will clear up at cool off to about 30 degrees.