Five Things: Panificio to Reopen Monday
And more to know today, March 15.
1. Panificio cleaning: In case you were wondering what's going on with Panificio's windows being papered over, don't worry, it isn't closing. "We are doing our 'spring cleaning,' painting and basic all around cleaning. We will reopen Monday," owner Christopher Spagnuolo said.
2. Phoenix closing: In the bummer department, longstanding Boston weekly newspaper The Boston Phoenix announced Thursday that its ending publication. The issue now on newsstands will be the Phoenix's last. In a blog post, editor in chief Carly Carioli wrote, "It wasn't a secret, inside the building, that ad revenue, after an initial surge when we relaunched the magazine, was down -- way down."
3. Flower Show: Get a taste of spring at the Boston Flower and Garden Show, open today from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Seaport World Trade Center (200 Seaport Blvd.). Admission is $20 for adults, $17 for seniors over 65, $10 for children ages 6-17 and free for children under six. Learn more and get tickets at bostonflowershow.com.
4. Newsletters: Get Becon Hill Patch's news mailed directly to you every morning. Sign up for our newsletter for the day's news, announcements, events and more.
5. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny with a high near 41 degrees and a low around 29, according to the National Weather Service. Weekend forecast: Possible rain on Saturday with a high near 40 and a low around 28; Sunday will be mostly sunny with a high near 39 and a low around 31.