Five Things: Parking on Charles Street, Bike Issues and More Discussed Tonight
And more to know today, Sept. 24.
1. Parking on Charles Street Discussed: The Beacon Hill Civic Association's Traffic and Parking Committee will meet tonight from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at 126 Mt. Vernon St. Topics to be discussed include parking on Charles Street, Hubway and other bike-related issues around Beacon Hill and the Longfellow Bridge/Charles Circle project. The meeting is open to the public.
2. Free Bank of America Homeowner Outreach Event for Customers Facing Financial Hardship: As part of Bank of America’s commitment to providing assistance to customers who are experiencing financial hardship, Bank of America is hosting a free, three-day homeowner assistance event. This event starts at 8 a.m. at 296 State Street.
3. The Curious Creation of the Electoral College: What the Founders Didn't Want and Didn't See Coming: Author Ray Raphael will discuss his new book, “Mr. President: How and Why the Founding Fathers Created a Chief Executive,” from 6 to 7:30 p.m. for free at the Massachusetts Historical Society.
4. “Stirring the Pot: Women in Early Massachusetts”: Join the Bostonian Society and the Partnership of Historic Boston for a discussion on the lives of women in early Massachusetts at 6:30 p.m. for free at the Old State House.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a cloudy day with a high of 65. The evening will clear up with a low of 51.