Five Things: Police Meet and Greet on Beacon Hill
And more to know today, Jan. 18.
1. Police meet and greet: The Beacon Hill Civic Association is holding a winter Meet and Greet with Capt. Lee and Sgt. Lema on Thursday, Jan. 24, at at 7 p.m. at 74 Joy St.
2. MLK Day goings-on: Not got plans for MLK Day yet? See our list of what's going on around the city Monday.
3. Pan-Mass sign-ups: Registration opens today for new riders interested in participating in the Pan-Mass Challenge. Now in its 34th year, the annual cross-commonwealth bike-a-thon raises money for cancer research and treatment programs at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. There are routes for all ages and skill levels, ranging from 27 miles to 111 miles. For more information or to register, visit www.pmc.org.
4. Warm clothing collection: Partnering with Friends of Boston’s Homeless, throughout January Dependable Cleaners will be collecting brand-new or gently used winter hats, scarfs, pair of gloves or mittens, or new pairs of warm socks for the annual Warm Hands, Warm Hearts Campaign at any of their 16 locations. In the Back Bay they can be found at 110 Newbury St. and 316 Newbury St. Clients using Dependable Cleaners’ pickup and delivery service can also leave donations with their delivery drivers.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly sunny day with a high of 24 degrees.