Five Things: Talking About the Longfellow Bridge
And more to know today, Feb. 5.
1. Longfellow discussion: Beacon Hill's State House representative, Marty Walz, will be at the West End Museum Thursday from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. to discuss her part in the renovations of Longfellow Bridge. Her talk,"Bringing a 20th Century Bridge into the 21st Century," is free and open to the public. Register here.
2. And speaking of: Marty Walz, this weekend Democrat Nils Tracy of Beacon Hill announced that he will be running for her 8th Suffolk District seat after she leaves to take over Planned Parenthood in Massachusetts this month. Read more about Nils here.
3. Boston During Climate Change: Today, Mayor Menino will announce several new planning and policy initiatives to better prepare Boston for Hurricane Sandy-like storms, a rising sea level, and other climate change impacts. The Mayor will be joined by Vivien Li, Executive Director of The Boston Harbor Association, Bryan Koop, Senior Vice President at Boston Properties, and David Storto, President of Spaulding Rehabilitation Network.
4. Author talk: Former Boston Bruin Derek Sanderson will visit Boston Public Library’s Central Library (700 Boylston St.) to discuss his autobiography, “Crossing the Line: The Outrageous Story of a Hockey Original,” today at 6 p.m. This program is free and open to the public. It will be held in the Rabb Lecture Hall.
5. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny, with a slight chance of snow showers late this evening after 1 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. High: 28, Low: 24.