Five Things: The Esplanade Association is Seeking Interns
And more to know today, Feb. 28.
1. Esplanade internships: The Esplanade Assoiation is looking for interns for several positions. Internships are unpaid, but a weekly travel stipend is granted. Start and end dates are flexible, as are weekly schedules, but some positions require the intern to be at the park for certain programs and events. See more here.
2. Free art: Admission to the Institute of Contemporary Art/Boston is free to all ages every Thursday from 5-9 p.m. Check out the exhibit, "This Will Have Been: Art, Love and Politics in the 1980s,” up through March 3. Also tonight, join a panel discussion about the current exhibit at 6 p.m. with artists Louise Lawler and Haim Steinbach and ICA curators past and present.
3. International Women’s Day: Boston area women are invited to attend the city’s International Women’s Day Celebration on Friday, March 8 at Simmons College (300 The Fenway). A suggested donation of $6 per person includes a light continental breakfast and an informative discussion on the issue of women and hunger. RSVP by Monday, March 4 here.
4. School committee hearing: The Boston City Council's Committee on Government Operations will hold a public hearing today at 3 p.m. on an act to reorganize the city's school committee. The hearing will be held in the Christopher A. Iannella chamber on the fifth floor of City Hall.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service is a cloudy day with a chance of rain in the morning. Temperatures will hover around 47 degrees.