Five Things to Know Today, Nov. 22
Frog Pond opened for skating; Thanksgiving menus; tips for travelers this week; what are you thankful for?; and a sunny and brisk day.
1. After a short delay, the Frog Pond quietly opened for ice skating Monday. The original plans to open last Friday, with a ceremony, were scrapped after the weather remained unseasonably warm. No word on whether there will still be opening celebrations. Click here for more information, including public skating hours.
2. Beacon Hill restauranteurs: Tomorrow Beacon Hill Patch is posting Thanksgiving menus from neighbhorhood restaurants. Send us yours!
3. For those of you traveling this week, take note: traffic is expected to be at its peak on Wednesday and Sunday, and MassDOT is urging travelers to consider traveling in the early morning or after 8pm. Heavy backups are expected along the Mass Pike near the Exit 9 connector to Interstate 84 and at the Interstate 95 and 495 Turnpike interchanges. Interstate 93 northbound into New Hampshire should also be slow. Click here for MassDOT's online traffic camera webpage with more than 90 live traffic cameras throughout the highway system.
4. What are you grateful for this Thanksgiving? Let us know what matters to you.
5. Sunny skies today with highs in the mid 40s. Northeast winds around 5 mph.