Five Things To Know Today, Oct. 31
Everything you need to know about Halloween on Beacon Hill.
1. Happy Halloween! The trick-or-treating on Beacon Hill starts at 4:30 p.m. and goes until 9 p.m. with both Mount Vernon and Pinckney streets closed from Charles to Joy streets. Cars can remain parked on the streets but cannot be moved between 5 to 9 p.m.; police will be patrolling the area.
2. Today is the last day to register to win a trip to New York or L.A. AND $1,031 for charity. It's simple. Just show us your child's Halloween costume! It's a national contest, drawing from all of the country's Patch sites. Details here -- and post your pics!
3. Heidi Klum is going to have a hard time deciding the best costume if any of the kids who came to the Hill House Halloween Party are in the running. See Patch's photo gallery and take a look at the photos taken by Susan Symonds and Kyle Perler of Infinity Portrait Design by logging in to www.portraitprints.com (event name: HH Halloween; password: Boo). The photos are available for purchase and half the proceeds go to benefit Operation Smile.
4. Not feeling Halloween yet? To get in the mood, check out one of what the Globe calls the 50 scariest movies of all time.
5. It's going to be a cold, but clear, Halloween – so bundle up tonight. There should be sun during the day, with a high of 50. Clouds will start to creep in during the early evening and the temperature will drop to 36 overnight.
Interested in blogging on Beacon Hill Patch? Write us at email@example.com.