Five Things: Wine Appreciation at the Museum of Fine Arts
And more to know today, Sept. 26
1. Winesdays: Don't just drink wine...learn to taste it. With the help of an expert, savor a new selection from a featured winery each month at the Museum of Fine Arts at 5:30 p.m. Cost of admission is $25, which includes hors d’oeuvres and wine.
2. Cops and Robbers: Researching Ancestors on Both Sides of the Thin Blue Line: Track down your family through the Boston Public Library’s criminal and law enforcement records from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Come learn a thing or two about the skeletons in your family's closet.
3. Free Bank of America Homeowner Outreach Event for Customers Facing Financial Hardship: Bank of America is hosting a free homeowner assistance event today at 8 a.m. at 296 State Street.
4. USS Constitution, Harbor Fortifications, and the Vessel That Never Fought: Paul Revere’s Role in the War of 1812: Come hear a lecture on the War of 1812 as part of the commemoration of the 200th anniversary of the outbreak of the The War of 1812 at the Old South Meeting House.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a rainy day after 10 a.m. with a high near 77 degrees. The afternoon will get breezy and there are chances of thunderstorms in the evening. Overnight, temperatures will drop down to 63 degrees.