Police: Man Punched in Wallet Robbery
Police news from Beacon Hill from Sept. 10 to 14.
A man reported to police that he was robbed near Cambridge Street just after midnight Wednesday by a man who punched him and grabbed his wallet. According to police reports, the man was walking on Blossom Street when two men passed him. One of the men shoulder bumped him, and when he turned around the other punched him in the torso, causing him to fall. The assailant then reached into his pocket, grabbed his wallet and fled, police reports state.
Monday, Sept. 10
- At 6:40 a.m. police responded to 48 Temple St. for a report of a building fire. Firefighters quickly extinguished the basement fire, which was determined to be the result of an electric light bulb that was left on and began smoldering against a building stud, igniting the sheet rock in the basement, according to police reports. There were no injuries.
- At 4:30 p.m. police responded to 45 Beacon St. for a report of threats to do bodily harm.
- At 6:30 p.m. police responded to 29 Revere St. for a report of a breaking and entering by force during the daytime. According to police reports, the resident said someone had entered the home during the day by prying open the kitchen window. Jewelry and electronics were stolen.
Tuesday, Sept. 11
- No major incidents reported.
Wednesday, Sept. 12
- At 10:35 a.m. police responded to South Russell Street for a report of a motor vehicle leaving the scene of an accident that caused property damage.
- At 4:10 p.m. police responded to Beacon Street for a report of a motor vehicle accident involving a bicycle.
- At 5:05 p.m. police responded to Cambridge Street for a report of a motor vehicle accident involving a bicycle.
Thursday, Sept. 13
- At 3:26 a.m. police responded to 40 Beacon St. for a report of a motor vehicle accident involving property damage.
- At 6:45 p.m. police responded to 51 Beacon St. for a report of possession of a class D drug (marijuana).
- At 7:18 p.m. police responded to 97 Mt. Vernon St. for a report of larceny, $50 to $199.
Friday, Sept. 14
- At 1:24 a.m. police responded to Beacon Street for a report of a motor vehicle leaving the scene of an accident that caused property damage.