The Top 10 Stories in October on Beacon Hill Patch
Did you miss one of these stories last month?
The numbers are in, and these are the stories that people on Beacon Hill and beyond looked at the most in September. If you missed one, remember that it's never to late to comment on any article!
1. Is Boston the Most Racist City in America?: Gawker and Deadspin writer aims to rank the country's most racist cities—and Boston is at the top of his list.
2. Police: Man Attacked After Asking Others to Stop Urinating on Charles Street: Police say that a man who asked two others to "put it away" as they were urinating on the street so that he and his wife could pass was beaten Sunday
3. Where to Go Apple Picking Near Boston: There are lots of great places near Boston you can get to in less than an hour.
6. Patch Presidential Debate Live Chat Recap: Local Democrats and Republicans across Massachusetts discussed Wednesday night's debate between President Barack Obama and Gov. Mitt Romney in a live chat on Patch.
7. Seven Free Smartphone Apps to Download Before the Storm: One of the only connections to updates and information will be cell phones. Here are some good apps to have.
9. Halloween on Beacon Hill Tonight: Halloween on Beacon Hill is well-known beyond the borders of Beacon and Cambridge Streets. Hundreds, if not thousands, trek to the Hill to see its great decorations and trick-or-treat on its cobbled streets.
10. Upper Crust Pizza Files for Bankruptcy: The troubled pizza chain, once lauded as a local business success story, has been beset with controversy.