What's Open, Closed on Columbus Day
Restaurants and supermarkets will be open on the holiday.
Columbus Day is observed on Monday, Oct. 8. Here's a handy list of what's open (and closed) during the holiday:
- Retail stores: Open.
- Supermarkets, liquor stores and convenience stores: Open.
- Bars and restaurants: Open.
- Stock market: Open.
- Municipal, state, federal offices and banks: Closed.
- Libraries and schools: Closed.
- Post office: Closed.
- MBTA: Subway operating on a Saturday schedule, Silver Line and commuter rail trains on a regular weekday schedule.
- Trash/Recycling: Not affected on Beacon Hill.
- Beacon Hill Civic Association Office: Closed.
Also, click here for traffic advisories issued for Columbus Day by the City of Boston.