Invite a friend
Innovative Shabbat Services with Max Levis
Join us at the Historic Vilna Shul for a joyful Shabbat service led my Max Levis, student, teacher, farmer and community leader.
Designed especially for those seeking a less traditional approach to Shabbat, this family-friendly service will feature singing, dancing and a local and organic kosher buffet.
This Innovative Shabbat is sponsored by our generous community of donors.
|Where||The Vilna Shul: Boston's Center for Jewish Culture 18 Phillips St, Boston, MA 02114|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
|Price||Free. Donations are welcome.|
More About The Vilna Shul: Boston's Center for Jewish Culture
The Vilna Shul synagogue was built by Lithuanian immigrants in 1919. The building now houses a museum focusing on Jewish culture in Boston. No longer an operational synagogue, the Vilna Shul still holds prayer services one Friday each month and during holidays. The Vilna Shul is supported by private donations and is managed by a team of volunteers and two employees.
Other events here
- Meet the “Ordinary” People of Early Boston with Author Joanne Lloyd Thu, May 30, 6:30 pm
- Stories for Families Kabbalat Shabbat! Fri, Jun 7, 6:00 pm
- Explore four centuries of Massachusetts furniture with Historic New England Mon, Jun 17, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Understanding Your Jewish Artifacts with certified Judaica appraiser Elizabeth Berman Wed, Jun 19, 12:00 pm–1:30 pm
- Kabbalat Shabbat Friday Night Services with Boston Globe Love Letters Columnist Meredith Goldstein Fri, Jun 21, 7:00 pm
- Thorwald Jørgensen in Concert Sun, Jun 30,