1. Weather: The latest forecast is calling for 1-2 feet of snow right here in the heart of Boston. The storm will start on Friday morning and will hit peak intensity starting Friday afternoon into Friday night. See the latest forecast here.
2. City Already Planning for Storm: The city of Boston announced yesterday there will be more than 600 snow plows and other snow removal equipment on the streets starting Friday, and that roads will be pre-treated as much as possible. The city also announced they may also ask commuters to NOT drive into the city on Friday. We'll keep you updated on the latest from the mayor's office. See more information here.
3. Snow Emergency Parking: If (when) the mayor declares a snow emergency, we've already got you covered here on Beacon Hill. Here's a list of the streets you cannot park on, and a link to the nearby garages on or near Beacon Hill that are offering specials for those with cars and no place to put them. Remember you have only two hours after the snow emergency ends to move your car back out of the garage.
4. Cancelling a weekend event? or is your store or business closing early on Friday? Let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can update the neighborhood. You can also reach out through Facebook and Twitter.
5. Be in the Know: I'll be working all weekend to provide neighborhood-specific updates - any power outages, down trees, etc. Follow along in real time on Facebook and Twitter, and remember, it's a two-way street. You can send in photos or videos of what you're seeing out there, and I can share them with the rest of the neighborhood.