1. The City's Christmas Tree is Raised on the Common: Boston’s official Christmas tree was raised Friday after arriving at Boston Common from Nova Scotia. Boston’s 71st Annual Official Tree Lighting is this next Thursday, Nov. 29, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. with a performance by "American Idol" finalist Elliott Yamin. This year marks the 41st anniversary of this tradition thanking the people of Boston for providing emergency assistance when Nova Scotia’s capital city Halifax was devastated by an explosion in 1917.
2. Boston's West End: Moving Forward, Looking Back: Presented by Wentworth Institute of Technology in partnership with the West End Museum, this exhibit questions how to move an urban area into the future without destroying the roots of the community as it considers a wide range of topics central to Boston’s present-day and old West End. The exhibit is open various hours on weekdays and weekends. See here for more information.
3. The Americans in the Bulge: The BPL’s Monday Night film series is “Americans in the Bulge” as part of their remembering WWII series. This showing begins at 6 p.m.
4. Attention Beacon Hill Businesses! Are you offering any special Black Friday deal or promotion? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the details for inclusion in an upcoming article. It will be a great way to get the word out to residents, and a great way for residents to know what the deals are right in their own neighborhood!
5. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a mostly sunny day with a high near 48 degrees. The evening will cloud over and the temperature will drop to 36 degrees.
Things you can do every day on Beacon Hill Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.