1. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny and clear with a high near 34 degrees and a low around 26, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Signs of Freedom: There's still time to check out the Signs of Freedom exhibit at the Museum of African American History. Learn about the civil rights era from signs and photographs. Tickrts are $5.
3. Homework help: The Charlestown Branch of the Boston Public Library offers a free drop-in homework help program for students in grades K-8. High school-age mentors from Boston's public and private schools provide the academic support. The program runs daily most weeks, Monday through Thursday, from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Visit the library website for more information.
4. School Committee: The Boston Public School Committee will meet tonight at 6 p.m. in the school administration building at 26 Court St. Meetings are open to the public and can be viewed on Boston City Television on Comcast Channel 24 and RCN Channel 13 and online via live stream. View the full agenda at bostonpublicschools.org.
5. Sox signing: Meet the newest Boston Red Sox players and up-and-coming minor leaguers on Saturday, Jan. 19 as they sign autographs at the Jimmy Fund’s “New Stars for Young Stars VIII.” The event will run from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Jillian’s Boston and will feature a buffet lunch, sports memorabilia sale, opportunity drawing, silent auction and bowling. Tickets cost $89 per person. Get tickets or learn more at jimmyfund.org/new-stars or by calling 800-52-JIMMY.