1. Charles Street Market Meeting: The Beacon Hill Civic Association is hosting a meeting to discuss proposals to enable the Charles Street Market to stay in its current location. They include installing additional cooking facilities (possibly requiring exterior venting) to the market, and using of part of the basement as storage lockers for local residents. The meeting is open to the public and starts at 7 p.m. tonight at 127 Mt. Vernon St.
2. Boston Sports Clubs Offers Newcomers a Day to Sweat For Free: All Boston Sports Club locations will allow non-members looking to sweat it out to use their facilities throughout the day, celebrating their 38 years of fitness in the Boston area.
3. Workplace Fall Job Fair: You’re invited to meet employers at the Central Branch of the Boston Public Library in Copley at a free job fair today from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
4. Salem Privateers and the War of 1812: Come down to the Old South Meeting House tonight from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. to learn about Salem’s role in the War of 1812.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts thunderstorms before noon with a high of 70 degrees. Chance of rain is 80 percent. The evening will be partly cloudy with a low of 62 degrees.