1. Benefit for cancer research: TV Diner host and executive producer Jenny Johnson will be at the tonight to help raise money for the Pan-Mass Challenge, which donates money to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute for cancer research and treatment. Every Thursday in August the restaurant will be holding an event for a different charity, featuring a local celebrity and a past bartender. All the tips from tonight will be donated to the Pan-Mass Challenge. The event starts at 8 p.m.
2. : The Charles Street favorite snagged the runner-up spot for Best Hostess Gifts in the Boston A List. (Props to Gifted in Back Bay, which won.)
3. Veteran Leadership Dinner: The Volunteers of America Massachusetts is hosting its annual Veterans Leadership Dinner at IBEW Local 103, 256 Freeport St. Dinner and entertainment will be provided for guests as we take the time to honor our local heroes. The cost of admission is $65 and all proceeds go to the Volunteers of America veterans' program.
4. Gardner Museum After Hours: Head down to the Isabella Stewart Gardener Museum for live music and plenty of activities in the galleries from 5 to 8:30 p.m. Price of admission is $15 for adults, $12 for seniors and $5 for college students.
5. Just Like Yesterday: The National Weather Service predicts another stormy morning. Then it will be cloudy, becoming partly sunny with a high of 83. The evening will clear up and cool off to about 70.