1. Farewell party: Villa Mexico Cafe's last day of business at Grampy's gas station was Thursday but today they are having a goodbye get-together for the community from 5 p.m. to close.
2. Super Bowl Food: Haven't figured what to eat at your Super Bowl Party? No worries, there are several local deals to get you sorted. You can get four burgers or cheeseburgers and a sack of fries for $24.99 at UBurger (636 Beacon St., 140 Tremont St.,) a Build Your Own Tacos, Nachos & Wings kit from Poe’s Kitchen at the Rattlesnake for $24.95 per person, or go out and take advantage of Clery's Superbowl Package.
3. School choice meeting: The External Advisory Committee on School Choice is inviting the public to to a community meeting Monday, Feb. 4, at 6pm at Orchard Gardens K-8 School, 906 Albany St., Roxbury, or Tuesday, Feb. 5, at 6pm at Suffolk University, 73 Tremont St., 9th Floor. BPS will present the latest options and the EAC will invite public comment. They have posted a neighborhood-by-neighborhood analysis of the three proposals now under consideration, which you can read here.
4. Invisible Man: This weekend is the last to see the Huntington Theatre Company's production of Ralph Ellison's "Invisible Man." Click here for more information.
5. Return to regular programming: Today's temperatures will just break the freezing point around noon and then dip back under it, dropping down to 22 degrees around midnight. Expect partly cloudy skies and a brisk wind (though not as strong as Thursday's).