1. Holiday Stroll tomorrow: Charles Street will be closed to traffic on Thursday, from 6 to 9 p.m. as shops open their door to strollers, offering warm drinks, treats and sometimes sales, and horse-drawn carriages take revelers up and down the street. To see photos of past Beacon Hill Holiday Strolls, see Patch's 2010 gallery and 2011 gallery.
2. Santa on the Hill: During tomorrow's stroll, kids can visit Santa at the Hill House, 127 Mt. Vernon St., from 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. And don't miss the neighborhood holiday tree lighting outside of the Meeting House at 7:15 p.m.
3. Car share: Mint Cars On-Demand car-sharing vehicles in more than 20 neighborhood locations, they will now be replaced by Enterprise CarShare vehicles. Beacon Hill vehicles are located at 17 Beacon St. Enterprise is increasing and upgrading its local fleet and adding several new locations including Government Center.
4. City Council meeting: Boston City Council will meet today at noon on the fifth floor of City Hall. See the full agenda on the city website. All meetings are open to the public and can also be viewed on Comcast Channel 51 and on webcast.
5. Rainy: Showers are likely today, mainly before noon, according to the National Weather Service. The high will be around 57 degrees and the low around 25.
Want the day's headlines delivered straight to your inbox? Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.