1. Monday's monthly meeting of the Beacon Hill Civic Association's Board of Directors will see some new faces and a change in leadership. As voted in during the annual meeting May 21, the new officers are: Chair (and former President) Steve Young of Chestnut Street, President Keeta Gilmore of Garden Street, Clerk Joan Berndt of Myrtle Street and Treasurer Pel Stockwell of Chestnut Street. Also among the 25 residents elected to one-year terms on the board of directors are newcomers Michael Bruck of Pinckney Street and Jay Livingston of Revere Street.
2. Keep up with all the activities on the Esplanade at the Esplanade Association's newly unveiled website, www.esplanadeassociation.org.
3. Jimmy Fund Scooper Bowl: It's back! The Scooperbowl returns for its 30th year of gut-busting for a good cause. The event is taking place through Thursday from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. at City Hall Plaza. Costs $10 for kids age 10 and up, $5 for kids age 3-9 and it is free of charge for children under age 3. There is also a $20 pass to enter up to three times.
4. Boston City Council Weekly Meeting: The Boston City Council is meeting at , Iannella Chambers, 5th Flr. 1 Cambridge St Boston, MA 02108 for their weekly meeting at 12 p.m. These are open to the public and is also available on Comcast channel 8, RCN channel 82 and on webcast. This meeting will focus on the first capital budget vote deadline. Check out the official agenda for more information.
5. Boston School Committee Meeting: From 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., there will be training for School Committee Members on Massachusetts Regulations on Educator Evaluations. At 6 p.m., Official School Committee Meeting will begin. This meeting is being held in the Winter Chambers 26 Court St. Boston, MA 02108. Visit the city's calendar for more information.