1. Hancock Street lodging house: The Beacon Hill Civic Association's Zoning and Licensing Committee Meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. to discuss a request to convert 61 Hancock St. from a a 20-person lodging house to building with seven apartments plus four rooms. See the agenda here. The meeting will be held at 74 Joy Street and is open to the public.
2. New Athenaeum director: Robert L. West has been appointed Director of Development at the Boston Athenæum. West holds B.S. and M.B.A. degrees from Boston’s Suﬀolk University and has worked for more than three decades in college university development and capital campaigns at Roger Williams, Marist College, the State University of New York (Empire State College Foundation), and Suﬀolk University.
3. Vendor application: Interested in becoming a vendor at the City Hall or Dewey Square Farmers Market? Download an application here: 2013 BPMA Market Application.
4. Grief support: Beacon Hospice is offering a free grief support group on Wednesdays in January for people in their 20s and 30s who are dealing with the death of a parent, grandparent, sibling, partner or other loved one. The group will meet from 6:30-8 p.m. at Beacon Hospice, 529 Main St., Suite 101, Charlestown. Registration is required; for information or to sign up, contact Diane Christopherson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 857-294-0052.
5. Early morning snow: The snow should stop in the late morning, giving way to partly cloudy skies, and warm up to 37 degrees. Could be slushy.