1. The Earl of Sandwich: The restaurant will open today on the Common after an extensive renovation of its home, also known as the Pink Palace. Several city councilors, owner Robert Earl and the 11th Earl of Sandwich will be on hand for the ribbon cutting. Also, enjoy free samples from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
2. Santa's coming to town: Bring your kids to meet the big jolly man himself, at The Shops at the Prudential Center from Nov. 23 to Dec. 24. A variety of photo packages will be available, starting at $19.99. See here for more details.
3. The Taste of Boston: Boston magazine’s ultimate culinary celebration, the annual Taste event is tonight from 7-9 p.m. at the Mandarin Oriental Boston (776 Boylston St.) Visit the chefs at their stations, socialize, sip and savor, all in support of the Greater Boston Food Bank. More information here.
4. Street cleaning schedule: Because of Veterans Day, there is no Monday daytime street cleaning today, although overnight 12:01 a.m. to 7 a.m. cleaning was still on. Meters are free today.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a warm, sunny day with a high near 67 degrees.