1. Spanning the Charles: The West End Museum is hosting a free lecture tonight at 6 p.m., "X-ray Vision: Peering into the History of River Crossings Visible Today." Bill Kuttner, Senior Analyst at Central Transportation Planning Staff, will talk about fresh ways to look at today's structures, including what they reflect of a century of civil engineering practice and progress.
2. Help: As part of their Beatles Celebration, the West End branch library will show "Help" (1965, 96 Minutes, Rated G) Wednesday at 3 p.m.
3. Accessible shows: Liberty Mutual Foundation has contributed $25,000 to the Boston Landmarks Orchestra for its Breaking Down Barriers initiative for people with disabilities during its 2013 summer season at the DCR’s Hatch Shell. Here's how it will help people with disabilities enjoy shows.
4. Let's Review: Missed any news on Beacon Hill last week? See our Week in Review to get caught up.
5. Snow/rain mix: It should just break the freezing point late in the day today, but not before we get some late afternoon snow/wintry mix. Sounds like slush.