1. Accessible design: At 5 p.m. Wednesday in City Hall, Beacon Hillers will join neighbors from the Back Bay, South End and Bay Village to discuss the city's plans to make historic districts handicapped-accessible. The proposal could include rebuilding all corners and installing yellow panels on curb cuts. Some residents have other ideas for what they say will be a more pleasing curb cut.
2. Car Free Week: This week is MassDOT's Car-Free Week. Boston joins over 1,000 cities in 40 countries across the globe in an effort to highlight the community, environmental, and quality of life benefits of reducing the number of vehicles on the road by encouraging people to walk, bike, use public transit, or carpooling.
3. ESC Boston 2012: DESIGN East is hosting aan engineering-specific educational event at the Hynes Convention Center from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Admission is $499.
4. The Bostonians: The BPL is hosting a showing of The Bostonians, based on the Henry James novel from 6 to 8 p.m. for free.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a sunny day with a high of 75. The evening will cool of to 57 with a chance of showers.