1. S.O.U.L.S. on Beacon Hill: Suffolk University's S.O.U.L.S. Center is collecting items this month that local food pantries and Greater Boston area organizations that serve the hungry and homeless need. The Beacon Hill Civic Association is helping this effort by collecting donations. It has placed a donation box in the office where you can drop off non-perishable food (canned goods, pasta, etc.) warm clothing (all sizes, new or gently used), and new adult size white socks. Office hours are Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2. The 24th Annual Boston Jewish Film Festival: The MFA, The Coolidge Corner Theater and WGBH presents the world’s most innovative Jewish-themed films from November 8 through November 18. General admission is $12.
3. Mystery Writers Panel: Hallie Ephron, Archer Mayor, Hank Phillippi: A panel of mystery writers will be discussing the art of mystery at the BPL at 6:30 p.m. for free.
4. Tenth Annual “Leave No One Behind” Dinner: Then tenth annual “Leave No One Behind” Dinner to Benefit the New England Center for Homeless Veterans at the Seaport Hotel from 6 to 9 p.m. Cost of admission is $275.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a rainy day with a high near 45. The evening will be cloudy and with a low of around 38 with a 40 percent chance of rain.
Things you can do every day on Beacon Hill Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.