1. Police meet and greet: The Beacon Hill Civic Association is holding a winter Meet and Greet with Capt. Lee and Sgt. Lema tonight at at 7 p.m. at 74 Joy St.
2. Burrito Bowl III: On Feb. 2 from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Poe's Kitchen at the Rattlesnake will host Burrito Bowl III, a culinary competition that brings together some of Boston’s best chefs to determine whose burrito creation reigns supreme. In honor of the following day’s Super Bowl XLVII, each chef will create a signature burrito reflecting the city of their favorite NFL team. The cost is $20 per person. To reserve tickets, visit http://poesburritobowl3.eventbrite.com/.
3. Peanut butter promo: Today is National Peanut Butter Day, and UBurger will celebrate the occasion by offering its signature Reese’s Frappe at half price ($2.50)for the entire day. The Reese’s Frappe helped UBurger claim Best Frappe in Boston Magazine’s “Best of Boston” contest in 2012. UBurger is at 636 Beacon St., 140 Tremont St. and 1022 Commonwealth Ave.
4. Wood stove rebate: A second round of the popular Commonwealth Woodstove Change-Out Program, which provides up to $800,000 in rebates for the replacement of old, inefficient wood or coal-burning stoves for Massachusetts residents, was lauched last week. Residents who qualify for the program will receive a voucher of either $1,000 or $2,000 to replace older non-EPA certified stove models with high-efficiency stoves that use less wood and release less air pollution. Residents can apply for a voucher, and access more information on the program, by visiting www.masscec.com/woodstove or by calling 617-315-9340.
5. More extreme cold: Expect to wake up to temperatures that feel 10 below zero and only rise to 19 in the afternoon (which will feel like 3 degrees with wind chill factored in). See more about the cold, including special safety precautions, here.