1. Sip and Shop: Stop by J. McLaughlin, at 34 Charles St., tonight from 6 to 8 p.m. for refreshments and to help raise money to decorate the neighborhood. The store will be donating 15 percent of all sales made during that time toward holiday garland and bows that will decorate Beacon Hill's lamp posts this holiday season.
2. Arts After School at the Children’s Art Centre: Bring your child down to the Children’s Art Centre today from 2:30 to 6 p.m. for engaging visual arts, dramatic play and creative movements in a group.
3. StyleFixx 2012: Come by the Boston Center of the Arts today from 5 to 10 p.m. for StyleFixx 2012, a massive fashion and beauty event.
4. Find Your Military Ancestors: The Boston Public Library has partnered with the National Archives to offer digital war records from current conflicts all the way back to the Revolutionary War. This event is free and it begins at 6 p.m.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a mostly sunny day with highs in the upper 50s. The evening will cloud over and cool off to the upper 40s.