1. Still no shots: The city's CVS stores remain out of flu shots and Walgreens and Rite-Aid have sporadic shipments. Best to call ahead before heading out for a shot.
2. Higher income tax?: Last night the governor outlined plans in his State of the Commonwealth address to propose an income tax increase. See more here and tell us what you think.
3. Orange Line diversion: Buses will replace Orange Line trains between Sullivan Square and Oak Grove MBTA stations on Saturday, Jan. 19 through Sunday, Jan. 20. All shuttle bus stops are accessible for persons with disabilities. Normal Orange Line train service will resume on Monday.
4. Sox signing: Meet the newest Boston Red Sox players and up-and-coming minor leaguers on Saturday, Jan. 19 as they sign autographs at the Jimmy Fund’s “New Stars for Young Stars VIII.” The event will run from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Jillian’s Boston and will feature a buffet lunch, sports memorabilia sale, opportunity drawing, silent auction and bowling. Tickets cost $89 per person. VIP tickets for $250 are also available and include one of the first 30 spots in line, a Red Sox Jersey and other benefits. Get tickets or learn more at jimmyfund.org/new-stars or by calling 800-52-JIMMY. All proceeds from the event go to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund.
5. Weather: Expect a high in the low 40s under mostly cloudy – but dry – skies.