1. Beacon Hill needs to you help make it beautiful this holiday season. The annual fundraiser for decorating the Hill, called Garlands and Green, is tomorrow night from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Hampshire House. Tom Kershaw will host the Beacon Hill Civic Association’s popular holiday party to raise the nearly $12,000 needed to transform the 1,100 lamp posts with 2,860 yards of laurel garlands and 2,400 red bows. Tickets include hors d’oeuvres and two glasses of wine, beer or a holiday martini as well as entertainment, photo opportunities, a drawing of items from Charles Street boutiques and restaurants. Contact the Beacon Hill Civic Association at 617-227-1922 or online for reservations.
2. There are still a couple of weeks left to stop by the Beacon Hill Civic Association and drop off your donation to the S.O.U.L.S. Community Service and Service Learning Center at Suffolk University. The BHCA is taking donations of warm clothing and non-perishable food throughout November, the National Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Month, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at their collection box at 74 Joy St.
3. The Beacon Hill Young Professional's Door Hunt – a game involving over 50 Beacon Hill doors, alleys and window boxes – which had been scheduled for Nov. 19, has been postponed until the spring.
4. Boston Public Schools is among 23 potential grantees of a multimillion dollar competitive grant initiative aimed at increasing innovation in education. With a guaranteed partial match, the $2.8 million grant would be used to replicate the success of Charlestown’s Edwards Middle School in two other Boston middle schools.
5. Mostly cloudy today with highs in the mid 60s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.
Looking for something to do on Beacon Hill? Check out our events listings.