1. Beacon Hill residents can now park overnight at three more spaces on Charles Street, near Mount Vernon Street. City Councilor Mike Ross worked with the Boston Transportation Office to change the signs in the spaces. Residents may now park there 6 p.m. to 8 a.m.!
2. Beacon Hill was full of monsters, zombies and other scary sights Monday night, but nothing truly alarming. Police say that no crime was reported on Beacon Hill on Halloween.
3. The Boston Election Department needs poll workers to help staff the city's 254 precincts for next Tuesday's elections. There will be a training session this weekend at City Hall as well as sessions in area neighborhoods. If you are interested, see the job description and download an application.
4. Everyone could use a good laugh, and over the next week there will plenty of opportunities to have one. The Boston Comedy Festival starts Saturday and runs until Nov. 12 with a full roster of events, many within walking distance to Beacon Hill.
5. Sunny again today with highs in the lower 50s. Light winds around 5 mph.
Interested in blogging on Beacon Hill Patch? Let us know at email@example.com.