1. A Beacon Hill restaurant will be featured in the new movie "What's Your Number?" with Anna Faris and Martin Freeman (from the British show "The Office." The actors recently shot a scene in the 21st Amendment. Owner Peter McCarthy's father, James McCarthy, a Beacon Hill lawyer and author of Fatal Flaws, was an extra in the scene as were two of the 21st's servers, Valerie van Gerven and Rebecca Shirazzi. The movie opens Sept. 30.
2. Chow down without breaking the bank: Boston.com has put together a rather smashing list of great cheap eats around the metro area. Hit the link, pick your place and see if their list stacks up to your own posse of cheap eateries in Bean Town.
3. The Boston Police Department has posted some fascinating historical photos on its website. Take a look at the old-fashioned motorcycle unit and helmets from 1890.
4. In more current BPD news, find answers to all your questions in the department's FAQ section. The updated piece explains how tips are kept anonymous and how to collect cash rewards for tips that lead to arrests.
5. So you've put away your white pants and madras shorts, but the first day of full isn't actually here till Sept. 23. That said, it's going to be rainy and cold (relatively speaking) for next couple of days. High today of 66, with 90 percent chance of rain.
Looking for something to do on Beacon Hill? Check out our events listings.