The numbers are in, and these are the stories that people on Beacon Hill and beyond looked at the most in January. If you missed one, remember that it's never to late to comment on any article!
1. New 2013 Tax Rates and Standard Deductions: Standard deductions go up, but the ceiling for itemized deductions go down in 2013, plus other changes that will affect your taxes this year.
2. Boston Flu Clinics Scheduled This Weekend: City officials are urging all residents ages 6 months and up to get vaccinated against the seasonal flu.
3. : Several inches of snow could fall in Eastern Massachusetts from the winter storm.
4. Is Boston Really the Drunkest City in America?: Boston once again tops The Daily Beast's list of hard-drinking cities. Is it a fair rap?
5. Husband Calls Annie Dookhan a ‘Liar’: New details have emerged in the ongoing Hinton Drug Lab crisis.
6. Police: Man Threatens to Stab Men Walking Home From Dinner: A man followed a group of men walking to Beacon Hill after a Chinatown dinner Thursday night, threatening them with a knife after he was refused money, police say.
7. Chestnut Street Condo Sells for $1M
8. Police: Fight in Transportation Garage Results in Injury: Massachusetts State Police patrols responded to the Transportation Building garage in Boston early Sunday morning for a report of a large fight.
9. Panera Opens "Pay-it-Forward" Style Community Cafe in Government Center: Panera is expanding its network of restaurants that help those who can't afford full price meals.
10. SOLD: Three Beacon Hill Condos This Holiday Week