Catch up with hundreds of your neighbors this Sunday at Beacon Hill's social event of the fall, the Neighborhood Block Party.
The event runs from noon to 4 p.m. on lower Mt. Vernon St. and will include dozens of activities for children and adults. It is open to everyone.
And don't worry about missing the game: the Beacon Hill Civic Association, which hosts the party, is broadcasting The Pats game at the firehouse, at 127 Mt. Vernon St., where they will also have a beer garden.
Free food, including burritos, chips and salsa courtesy of Anna's Taqueria, and hot dogs courtesy of Charles Street Market, will be available. Harpoon Brewery is donating beer, which will cost $5 a glass; lemonade will be $1. JP Licks is donating the ice cream, which will be $2 each.
The schedule of special events is as follows:
- 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. Hill House Pancake Breakfast
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Duck Boat
- 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Mini Beacon Hill Art Show
- 12:15 p.m. National Park Service Rangers Historic Tour
- 1 p.m. and 3 p.m Architectural tours of Beacon Hill
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Police car
- 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Kids Scooter & Bike Decorating Parade
- 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. Dog show
- 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. Children’s Athletic Games
- 2 p.m. to 3 pm. Fire truck
- 2:30 p.m. Kids bike decorating and parade