At 9:20 p.m. Friday police responded to Cambridge Street for a report of a breaking and entering during the day by force. According to police reports, a woman said that electronics and jewelry had been stolen from her apartment while she was at work.
Friday, Sept. 7
- At 4:07 a.m. police responded to Arlington Street for a report of an assault and battery with a gun. According to police reports, a man in his 50s had been shot in the chest in the Public Garden. He also had trauma to the back of his head. He was taken to Tufts Medical Center, where he was later listed in stable condition.
- At 7:38 p.m. police responded to 200 Cambridge St. for a report of a man trying to get inside cars in traffic during rainstorm. Officers found him sitting down nearby. Later that night, he was standing in the median yelling vulgarities, according to reports. Police arrested the man, James Votta of Boston, on a charge of disturbing the peace.
Saturday, Sept. 8
- No major incidents reported.
Sunday, Sept. 9
- At 10 a.m. police responded to Spruce Street for a report of larceny from a vehicle, $200 or more.
- At 3:30 p.m. police responded to 191 Cambridge St. for a report of larceny by shoplifting, $50 to $199. Anthony Colgliano of Everett was arrested on the charge.