A man was attacked on Myrtle Street after asking someone to pick up after his dog. According to police reports, the victim told police that he confronted the dog owner and asked him to pick up the mess the dog had just left on the sidewalk at 79 Myrtle St. The dog owner responded by striking the victim on the side of his head, knocking off his glasses, reports state. The victim took a photo of the dog and the owner, and followed them to Cambridge and Joy streets as he called police, around 5:35 p.m. Police were unable to find the suspect.
Friday, Aug. 31
- At 9:51 p.m. police responded to 145 Charles St. for a report of assault and battery requiring medical attention. According to police reports, after a group of people were refused drinks at the Beacon Hill Pub and left, one member got into a verbal confrontation with a man outside the pub and punched him in the face. The man fell backward, striking his head on the ground and losing consciousness. He was transported to Massachusetts General Hospital.
Saturday, Sept. 1
- At 12 a.m. police responded to 24 Mt. Vernon St. for a report of the larceny of a bicycle, $50 to $199.
- At 2 a.m. police responded to 175 Cambridge St. for a report of larceny from a vehicle, $200 or more.
Sunday, Sept. 2
- At 5:01 a.m. police responded to 5 Blossom St. and arrested John Matthew Hanson, of Minnesota, on a charge of assault and battery.
- At 5:13 p.m. police responded to 100 Cambridge St. for a report of larceny by shoplifting, $50 to $199.
- At 11:55 p.m. police responded to Beacon Street for a report of a stolen motorcycle. According to police reports, the victim reported that her moped, which had been locked with a cable to a parking meter at the corner of Beacon and Charles streets, had been stolen sometime since 7 p.m.