A man threw a wrench at a mechanic at 1 Longfellow Place Friday because he believed the mechanic almost hit him and his family in an intersection, police reported. The suspect claimed the mechanic nearly hit him at the intersection of Stanford Street and Lomasney Way around 8:30 p.m. The man apparently found the mechanic on Longfellow Place, changing a tire, and threw the wrench at him. The mechanic avoided the blow and called police.
Friday, Oct. 19
- At 2 a.m. police responded to 48 Phillips St. for a report of larceny in a building, $200 or more.
- At noon police responded to Beacon Street for a report of larceny from a vehicle, $200 or more.
- At 7 p.m. police responded to 77 Pinckney St. for a report of vandalism.
Saturday, Oct. 20
- No major incidents reported.
Sunday, Oct. 21
- At 2:14 a.m. police responded to 47 Grove St. for a report of vandalism.
- At 2:30 p.m. police responded to 63 Charles St. for a report of larceny by shoplifting, under $50.